This Land is Our Land
In order for any games to run smoothly, there has to be a set of rules that all players follow that enhance the playing experience. For Play by Post games, there needs to be a set of rules regarding what is or is not allowed in the in-character threads. Most of this is common sense, but if it isn’t stated, it gets taken for granted.
- I am expecting players to post no less than once every 7 days. I (your GM) will post as often as necessary to keep the story moving along and to resolve player interactions with NPCs and movement and such.
- There should be no out-of-character comments or questions in the in-character thread. There is an out-of-character thread (located here) that should be used for questions and comments that all players can see. If you have private questions, you can always send me a private message at Dumpshock or out here.
- For dice rolls, I am asking everyone to please use Invisible Castle (located at http://www.invisiblecastle.com). You don’t need to create an account unless you want to, but you do need to use the site to roll dice. If you don’t know, you can enter a dice roll in the format of 11d6.hits(5), and this will roll 11d6 and tell you how many of the dice met or exceeded the target number of 5. You can go here to see how this works. You will notice that there is a campaign name entered there – this is because I have an account at Invisible Castle. If you have an account there, you can enter the campaign name and all rolls get saved together…blah blah blah. You don’t need one to use it. Anyhow, when you post your dice rolls, you should post (using the example above) 11d6.hits(5) = 4, and then hyperlink this back to IC in your post.
- Another issue with dice rolls – where do they go in the in-character thread? I’d prefer to see all dice rolls at the END of your post, wrapped in spoiler tags please. This will keep all dice rolls for all players in the same spot, and it won’t detract from the meat and potatoes of your post.
- Certain actions in posts need to be in a format other than the standard text for the thread. The exact format and coloring of the different speech/action patterns that require different formatting can be found in the out-of-character thread at this post right here. I will also put a link to this post at the top of every in-character thread that gets created for this game.
This isn’t an end-all of posting requirements, nor will I blow a gasket if this isn’t followed strictly. It’s a game, and this should all be taken as such.